The Dresden Nexus Conference will take place this week (3-5 June)! Researchers, experts and decision-makers from all over the world, specialists in the water-energy-food-climate-soil-biodiversity “Nexus” meet for 3 days of intense exchange. This year, the conference is entirely dematerialized and offers :
- Permanent access to keynotes in video format from May 29, 2020;
- The possibility to ask questions via a chat before and during the parallel sessions.
ACTeon has been working for several years on projects related to the Nexus and will participate in the exchanges. Here is a selection of the parallel sessions related to our past and future activities:
- Session 3 “Circular water management: potentials for resource recovery and reuse”: recent developments in European legislation offer new opportunities for recycling and reusing wastewater (3 June from 10am to 12pm);
- Session 5 “The role of green infrastructure for sustainable water management in a circular economy”: this session will focus on the nature-based solutions that ACTeon has studied in the framework of the AQUACROSS and NWRM projects (4 June from 14:00 to 15:30);
- Session 15-II “Science-policy interface for the sustainable management of natural resources – Governance and policy”: this session highlights the European research project SIM4Nexus to which ACTeon contributed as co-coordinator of the work-package dedicated to the application of the Nexus approach on 12 case studies (5 June from 9:30 to 11:15);
- Special session “Learning through serious games – Play and learn about the interactions between water, energy, food, land and climate! “The SIM4Nexus project has developed a serious game in order to raise public awareness on sustainable resource management issues. Training courses organised by ACTeon and using this serious game will take place in autumn 2020 in the universities of the Upper Rhine! To take part in this special session, register here; (3 June at 3.30 pm)
- Special session “Towards a Nexus Knowledge Development Programme”: this session will identify research opportunities to strengthen decision making for sustainable Nexus management.To participate in this special session, register here! (5 June from 14:00 to 15:30)
Don’t wait any longer, go explore the conference program and register!