Ecosystem-Based Management for the Protection of Aquatic Biodiversity – Practice and Lessons Learnt
10 October 2018, 12:30 – 17:30 and 11 October 2018, 9:00 – 17:00
Les Ateliers des Tanneurs, 58-62 Rue des Tanneurs, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Find out more: Preliminary Agenda
The EU 2020 Biodiversity Strategy aims to tackle the loss of species and habitats and establish targets to preserve and restore biodiversity. However, our rivers, coasts, and seas – home to an array of species and habitats and providing numerous ecosystem services – are under significant threat from human activity.
What is the status of implementation of the EU Biodiversity Strategy for aquatic ecosystems and is ecosystem-based management a potential tool for protecting them?
Join the AQUACROSS project team for our final conference, an interactive event on ecosystem-based management of aquatic ecosystems. At the event, you will be able to:
- Engage with policy makers
- Share experiences
- Learn from case studies
- Expand your network of biodiversity protection experts
- Update your knowledge of environmental policy for aquatic ecosystems
- Shape future research for the management of aquatic biodiversity.
Conference format and participants:
- Contribute to an interactive multi-stakeholder panel discussion: key leaders and experts from science, policy and business will share their views on aquatic biodiversity and ecosystem-based management.
- Help to review the final results of a large international research project: bring new knowledge and innovative ideas into future research and policy agendas for the management of freshwater, coastal, and marine biodiversity.
- Meet scientific experts, policy makers, and members of the business community: discuss cross-cutting topics related to aquatic ecosystem protection and opportunities for ecosystem-based management.
Your participation in this event is free of charge.
For organisational reasons and fair planning of catering services, helping us to avoid food and paper waste, please only register if you are sure you will be able to attend.
We have made pre-reservations for AQUACROSS conference participants:
Rue de Stassart 43, 1050 Brussels
Phone: +32 2 213 01 01
For booking a room, please contact the hotel directly via the AQUA Hotel booking form.
Booking deadline: 20 August 2018
For further information feel free to contact us directly at email@example.com